September 16, 2017 | 7761 Perth Road 147, Listowel ON
Thank you to all of those that joined us on Saturday for another great Breakfast on the Farm event. Check out the photos from the day here.
The second Breakfast on the Farm event of 2017 takes place at Maplevue Farms – a family business owned by brothers Doug and Dave Johnston.
Along with their seven children, the brothers’ family has been farming on the same land for 125 years, and currently have 60 cows and 1,500 acres of crops. Technology is Doug and Dave’s main focus, and they regularly learn about and incorporate new ideas into the farm.
Farm & Food Care Ontario is again looking for those willing to share their time and passion for local food. Approximately 100 volunteers are needed on the day of the event.
Breakfast from the Farm, coordinated by Farm & Food Care, provides a unique opportunity for farmers and non‐farming Ontarians to have a conversation about food and farming. It provides a showcase for agriculture and gives non-farmers the opportunity to meet real farmers and members of the agri‐food industry.
Our event supporters
- Burnbrae Farms Ltd.
- Egg Farmers of Ontario
- L.H. Gray & Son / Gray Ridge Egg Farms
- Trillium Mutual Insurance
- Perth County
- Perth County Federation of Agriculture
- Premier Equipment Ltd.
- Veal Farmers of Ontario
- Avonbank Ag Solutions
- Harriston Packing
- Heartland Animal Hospital and Veterinary Services
- Luckhart Transport Ltd.
- Molesworth Farm Supply Ltd.
- RBC Royal Bank
- Mark Burgers Transport Ltd.
- Heartland Farm Mutual Insurance
- Libro Credit Union
- New Life Mills Ltd.
- TD Canada Trust
- Ward & Uptigrove Chartered Accountants
- ESM Farm Equipment Ltd. / Risser Products
- Howick Mutual
- Ontario Apple Growers' Association
- WSC Transport