Farm & Food Care recognizes Ontario “Champions” who work to tell agriculture's story.
The “Food & Farming Champion” Award is presented to individuals, organizations or businesses who have taken the initiative to help engage consumers about agriculture in our province. Nominees have used their skills to help inform consumers or correct misinformation about production practices, and done a measurable job of promoting our industry.
Do you know an agricultural advocate? Nominate them for the Champion Award today!
Download the 2019 Champion Award Nomination Form here. Nominations are to be submitted to Farm & Food Care by March 21, 2019.
Past Award Winners:
Past "Champion" Award recipients (2012-present):
- 2018 ~ Durham Farm Connections, Jamie Reaume, Tim May
- 2017 ~ Carolynne Griffith, Alvinston
- 2016 ~ Andrew Campbell, Middlesex dairy farmer
- 2015 ~ Brent Royce, Listowel-area turkey farmer
- 2014 ~ Terry Daynard, Guelph-area farmer, Ontario Agricultural College
- 2013 ~ Kim Cooper, Agriculture Specialist Officer for the Municipality of Chatham-Kent
- 2012 ~ Jeff Robinson, dairy farmer
Past "Friend of OFAC" Award recipients (1999-2011):
- 2011 ~ Fred Cahill, beef farmer
- 2010 ~ Canadian National Exhibition; Brian Ellsworth, Egg Farmers of Ontario
- 2009 ~ Mary Ann Found, Durham Farm Connections Program; Paul Mistele, Ontario Farm Animal Council, Ontario Federation of Agriculture
- 2008 ~ Wallenstein Feed Charitable Foundation; Leslie Ballentine, volunteer and consultant for Ontario Farm Animal Council
- 2007 ~ Lance Pocock, hog farmer
- 2006~ Mike Cooper, Grober Animal Nutrition; Paul and Robin Brown, beef and sheep farmers, City of Kawartha Lakes
- 2005 ~ Gordon Coukell, dairy farmer
- 2004 ~ Jim Dalrymple, Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food
- 2003 ~ Jim Johnstone, egg farmer
- 2002 ~ Stan Eby, beef farmer
- 2001 ~ Bruce Weber, egg farmer
- 2000 ~ Peter Doris, beef farmer, Ontario Cattlemen’s Association
- 1999 ~ OFAC’s 10th Annual Meeting:
- Marion Newman, Beef farmer
- Craig and Cathy Smith, Hog farmers
- Jean Szkotnicki, Canadian Animal Health Institute
- Walter and Sharon Petheram, Hog farmers
- Canadian National Exhibition Agriculture Committee
- John Hendrikx, Hog farmer
- Middlesex Federation of Agriculture
- Ron and Sharon Douglas, Hog farmers
- Dave Adams, Ontario Institute of Agrologists
- Ontario SPCA Investigations Department - Animal Protection Services
***The Champion Award was originally created in 1999 by the Ontario Farm Animal Council.