Farm & Food Care Ontario is governed by a 12-member board of four crop representatives, four livestock representatives and four representatives at large. The Board is elected at the organization’s annual meeting each spring.
Issue-specific work related to farm animal welfare and on-farm environmental issues are discussed at and directed by the Farm Animal Care and Farm Environment Advisory Councils. The councils provide an open forum for input, ideas, dialogue and proactive thinking on farm animal welfare and on-farm environmental issues. Farm & Food Care platinum, gold and silver members are invited to participate in the councils.
Board of Directors
- Janelle Caldwell, Egg Farmers of Ontario (Second Vice Chair)
- Crispin Colvin, Ontario Federation of Agriculture
- Chris Cossitt, Ontario Pork
- Bonnie den Haan, Dairy Farmers of Ontario
- Jordan Fois, Chicken Farmers of Ontario
- Brian Gilroy, Ontario Fruit & Vegetable Growers’ Association
- Jim Gowland, Ontario Bean Growers (Treasurer)
- Heather Hargrave, Shur-gain/Trouw Nutrition Canada Inc.
- Joe Hickson, Ontario Seed Growers’ Association
- Dave McEachren, Grain Farmers of Ontario (Vice Chair)
- Ed Scharringa, Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario
- Christine Schoonderwoerd, Wallenstein Feed & Supply Ltd. (Chair)
- Farm Animal Care Council - Dave Cavanagh, Beef Farmers of Ontario
- Farm Environment Advisory Council - Brendan Byrne, Grain Farmers of Ontario
Farm & Food Care Ontario's staff team is comprised of full time, part time and contract positions.
- Kelly Daynard, Executive Director
- Bruce Kelly, Program Manager
- Elaine McDougall, Finance Manager
- Alicia Becker, Member Relations and Fund Development Manager
- Madeline Rodrigue, Communications Coordinator
- Lucia Lilbourne, Events Coordinator
- Rachel Coles, Marketing Coordinator
- Jessica Sills, Communications Coordinator
- Jean Tucker, Administrative Assistant
- Amy Reymer, Environment Assistant
Board members and staff can be reached by contacting email@example.com