Farm & Food Care is launching a nation-wide farm photo contest with $4,000 in cash prizes available for winners in six categories.
Winning photos may be used in the updated sixth edition of The Real Dirt on Farming, a publication that answers common questions about food and farming practices in Canada. For more information on this publication and to view the latest edition, visit www.RealDirtonFarming.org.
Read the full contest rules and submission guidelines here
- Canadian Farm Scenes – Capture the beauty of Canada’s rural landscape;
- Faces Behind Food & Farming – From farmers to chefs and everyone in between – all the people who make food & farming possible doing what they love.
- All about Animals – Farm animals in the barn or field;
- Farm Innovation – Technology at work on Canadian farms;
- Crazy about Crops – Photos of crops being grown in fields, orchards or greenhouses across Canada; and
- Farm to Plate – Showcasing the fresh, delicious and nutritious food grown and produced right here in Canada.
- $350 first prize in each category
- $200 second prize in each category
- $100 third prize in each category
* Non-winning entries used in The Real Dirt on Farming booklet will receive $50 per photo.
- All entries must be photographs taken in Canada.
- Entrants must own the rights to the photos they submit.
- The contest is open to all residents of Canada.
- Photographs that have won any other contests or have been published in a magazine or
newspaper (except online) are not eligible.
- Individuals can only win once per category, but may win in multiple categories.
- Limit of two entries per category per entrant.